The benefits of undergoing surgery to place dental implants in Miami, FL practice
By Dr. Marlon Pasquier
atients in the area of Miami, FL faced with the loss of natural teeth may be worried about making a decision in regard to how to replace their teeth and repair the smile. Dr. Marlon Pasquier
, Sr. and his son, Dr. Marlon Pasquier
, Jr., provide patients with the benefit of working with a dedicated team that has the patient’s best interests at heart. Many patients may consider replacing their missing teeth with dental implants
, which require oral surgery but provide many advantages over the alternatives.
Tooth replacement options
Patients often ask the team of Miami Modern Dental
about the options they have available to them for tooth replacement. The most common methods of replacing missing teeth include:
- Dental bridges
- Dental implants
The most popular is dental implants, because implants are durable, long-lasting, and provide the most effective way of replacing a single tooth.
What is a dental implant?
Dental implants are titanium posts dentists use as tooth root replacements. Dental implants look like small screws that are placed into the bone of the jaw during oral surgery. These posts are then restored using dental crowns, dental bridges, or full dentures, depending on the specific needs of the patient.
What are the benefits of placing dental implants?
Drs. Marlon Pasquier, Sr. and Marlon Pasquier, Jr. talk to patients about all the benefits of using dental implants in the smile.
- Dental implants are permanent. When patients take diligent care of their restorations, as well as their natural teeth, they will enjoy a beautiful, functioning smile for life.
- Dental implants are highly successful. When placed by an experienced dental professional, implants have a high success rate.
- Dental implants maintain bone structure. The best candidates for dental implants are patients who have sufficient bone to support the implant. However, even after placement, the dental implant can stimulate bone growth through osseointegration to hold it firmly in place and keep the smile healthy.
- Dental implants are natural-looking. After placement, many patients will find that the tooth replacement looks so natural that it is difficult to distinguish from the other teeth within the smile. This ensures seamless integration and the best aesthetics.
- Dental implants function as natural teeth. Because these restorations derive their strength from the bone, they are able to function at their best, just like natural teeth.
- Dental implants are versatile. Once placed, dental implants can be restored in a variety of ways. An implant can be covered with a dental crown to replace a single tooth, anchor a dental bridge to replace several teeth, or stabilize a full denture to replace an entire arch of teeth.
Is a dental implant right for me?
It is best to work with an experienced dentist who provides oral surgery and placement of dental implants to determine candidacy well before choosing this method of repair. Most patients will find that a dental implant is appropriate if they have enough bone to stabilize the implant. This can be determined with the use of x-rays to check the oral health underneath the soft tissues to check if the bone is sufficient and healthy. Even if patients do not have enough bone to be considered an appropriate candidate for dental implants, they may want to ask about the advantages of undergoing preparatory services such as bone grafting. Bone grafting is the process of adding more bone to the jawbone to make it appropriate for dental implants to be placed. This is an additional surgery and added cost, but can allow patients to enjoy implants as a tooth replacement option for their smiles.
Schedule an appointment with the dentists at Miami Modern Dental today!
Call Drs. Marlon Pasquier, Sr. and Marlon Pasquier, Jr. today to book a visit and learn about the process of obtaining dental implants to enhance the smile after tooth loss has occurred. We welcome new patients in the community of Miami, FL to visit our practice and learn about all we have to offer for tooth replacement and smile restoration. Our practice can be reached by calling (786) 338-9228 and is located at 7155 West Flagler Street.